How can you calculate the pebbles you need in your area?
The process to calculate the pebble you need is very simple and easy.
You can decorate your indoor and outdoor areas with pebbles, which you will find in a big variety at the PETRALAND store.
- First, we measure the two dimensions (length and width) of the area you are interested in covering with pebbles. We multiply the length across the width and we find the square meters. That's how we measure the square meters of space.
- In addition, we calculate the height we want to have. If we use relatively small pebbles, a height of 2-5 points is enough. If we want to use thicker material, for example 5-8 points, then we will need a height of at least 10 points to have an aesthetically beautiful result.
- After we calculate the height, we express it in meters. That is, a height of 5 points is expressed in 0.05 meters. We multiply the square meters we have with height and we find cubic.
- 10 meters long x 7 meters width = 70 square meters
- 70 square meters x 0, 06 meters height = 4, 2 m3.
To convert the cubes meters we need in tons, we multiply with the specific weight of the material we will use.
The weight of most materials, except for a few exceptions, is about 1.5.
- 4.2 m3 x 1.5 we will need 6.3 tones.